I know, I’m a day early, but I wanted to make sure it got posted and I didn’t want to have two different posts for the same day, so just pretend that you’re reading this tomorrow LOL! For those of you just tuning in, this is a blog-hop-read-along :) we are reading the same book at the same time, and sharing our answers with everyone! It’s so much fun! For those of you who would like to participate, it’s not too late, as you can go HERE and find out all the details & PRIZES for this awesome fun adventure! Also, don’t forget to stop by the host blogger’s site, to see all the other bloggers participating and their answers!
April 12, hosted by Candace at Candace’s Book Blog
Chapters 8-16 Discussion Questions
1. Sam is admittedly drawn to Heven before they even meet. Why do think this is?
If I say I don’t wanna answer b/c it’ll be a spoiler, does that count? LOL ok, well since Ms. Hebert did an excellent job of keeping what Sam “is” a mystery until it was a big wham-o! So, I’ll try…. as a supernatural being, I think Sam’s instincts chose Heven first, and then he met her “for real” and his human half fell in love. Love is a supernatural being all on it’s own, so who knows how that sneaky beast works LOL
2. In an earlier chapter The Hope states that Sam must prove himself. During these chapters Sam does some things – bad things – (covering up murder, fighting, hiding a body, etc.) all to protect Heven and his true identity. Do you think he was right to do these things?
*sigh* it’s another one of those I’m-on-the-fence things here. I think it’s awesome he’s doing it to protect her, but what is it doing to him? In his situation though, I go with yes! Humans would never understand the supernatural part of Sam, so I say he can hide bodies for me anyday LOL
3. In chapter twelve Kimber says some thing’s to Heven that make the reader wonder about their friendship. Do you think there is any truth Kimber’s drunken confessions? If so where do you think Heven and Kimber’s friendship goes from here?
Yes, I think Kimber finally showed Heven who she really is… selfish, insecure, b**chy, sorry kids, cover your eyes :) but I don’t know where that leaves their friendship. If I were in that position, I don’t know if I would want her to be my friend anymore, as how can you trust someone like that. However, in Heven’s situation, it feels like Kimber is the only one who’s been there, so she’s going to have some trouble letting go…
4. Heven is changing, becoming more confident. Do you think that after something like this (her accident and disfigurement) happens to someone that she can ever go back to the person she was before? Do you think she will want to?
I think she’s better for having that trial, even if right now it doesn’t seem that way. I don’t think she should want to go back, I think she should want to move forward, and use what she has gone through as a way to be more wise… However, I dunno what she’ll do… we gotta wait till the next book!
5. Toward the end of these set of chapters, Heven finds out Sam’s secret, who he really is. She has a strong reaction. Do you think you would react the same way? Why or why not?
I’d do one of two things…. 1-crap my pants… or 2-laugh and try to hug “him” LOL… I tend to give the animals at my clinic the respect they deserve, and I communicate with them better than humans (I’m a vet-tech, kids, if you’re wondering) and so i don’t think there’s much you could scare me away with… I grew up on a farm LOL you see some crazy stuff hahahaha however, shocking things have a way of, well… shocking you! :)
Don’t Miss the Live Discussion with Cambria
Five Alarm Book Reviews hosting a live event with author, Cambria Hebert on April 28th at 3 pm Eastern. For those of you who are familiar with Cambria, you already know how much fun she is. For those who are not familiar with her, this is your chance to get to know her. Attendees will have the opportunity to pose their own questions in the forum while listening to the live audio feed. Get all the details.
For the rest of us, we now have to wait until next week to post those answers, and then that means it’s even closer to the release of book 2… which speaking of I will leave you with this…..
ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! yep, that’s Sam… just in case you didn’t guess! It was released (the cover, not the book yet) recently, so I decided today would be a great day to leave you with that AWESOMENESS!!!!
Happy Reading, thanks for stopping by, and later my reading gators!! :)