Those words haunt Scar’s dreams. She thinks the creature that terrorises her while asleep isn’t real, but when she’s abducted and taken to a reform school meant to contain creatures too dangerous to function in society, she starts to wonder whether she isn’t some monster.
She turns to an underground fight club full of vampires, werewolves and witches established by the students to control her urges, and who is she kidding, she loves to fight.
When fighters begin to disappear, turning Scar into the prime suspect, she must race to prove her innocence before her true nature is exposed.
The only problem is that she’s not entirely sure she’s innocent.
Cheree Smith lives in a country town in Australia as a high school English teacher where she writes paranormal, horror and dark stories for young adults. She enjoys listening to and learning about legends and myths, watching scary movies and dreaming up new worlds where monsters can come alive. When she is not in her writing cave she can be found listening to music, even dabbling in the occasional writing of music or reading.
So you start with meeting Scarlet, who is constantly bailing her best friend out of trouble. Except this time, Scarlet has definitely bitten off more than she can chew, because he actions bring her to the attention of some powerfully scary people. Plus, it seems like everyone really is out to get Scarlet. Plus, I don’t like Scarlet. I know that sounds bad as she is the main character, but literally, I kept expecting her to get better and she didn’t. Seriously, grow up a little. You have a crappy best friend, you got caught by the scary people, you know go to a supernatural kid school and no one likes you. Really, let’s work out a few things. I find her whiny, and then I read about her kicking ass in fights. I am not talking about insecurities. I mean her inner monologues make her sound like a bratty whiny baby.
I liked the concept of this story. I like when there’s multiple types of beings placed together and you get to make a culture for each, and then one for them together. But I wanted more explanations on the little things. Like the incident at the arcade. Well, it ended abruptly and I wanted a little more. I also very much like the action. There’s a ton of fight scenes. I happen to like that. And there’s the mystery, as there’s a killer on the loose. And there’s some very interesting plot twists.
I like that it reads quick because of all the action scenes. Those always make for a fun read. But I think I would like some more depth into the characters. I think if Scarlet had a little more feeling and insight, than only her fighting skills, I would have liked her more. She has a very interesting concept for her character. I believe I will continue with the next book, because I really am a fan of the original plot and storyline. I mean who wouldn’t think it’s cool to go to a supernatural school with a fight club. Yep, Fight Club hehehehe. Anyways, if you are a van of the vampers in a story, and like some fun, fast paced action with mystery, this is your book. 3.5 ASS KICKING PAWS!
Shadow Embraced Tour schedule:
- July 15th | Darkest Sins (Author Interview)
- July 16th | Mind Reader (Character Interview)
- July 17th | The Ferryman’s Wife (Guest Post, Excerpt)
- July 18th | Happy Tails and Tales (Review)
- July 19th | Proserpine Craving Books (Excerpt)
- July 22nd | The Avid Reader (Review, Excerpt)
- July 23rd | Emma’s Ramblings on Supernatural Fiction (Guest Post, Excerpt)
- July 24th | Nomi’s Paranormal Palace (Character Interview, Excerpt)
- July 25th | Read for your future (Review, Author Interview)
- July 26th | Sapphyria’s Book Reviews (Review, Excerpt)
- July 29th | Unputdownable Books (Excerpt)
- July 30th | Tana Rae Reads (Guest Post, Excerpt)
- July 31st | Urban Girl Reader (Excerpt)
- August 1st | The Reading Diaries (Review)
- August 2nd | Much Loved Books (Excerpt)
- August 5th | Mother/Gamer/Writer (Guest Post, Excerpt)
- August 6th | Breathe In BooKs (Review, Guest Post, Excerpt)
- August 7th | Road to Hell series (Excerpt)
- August 8th | Phantasmic Reads (Excerpt)
- August 9th | Auggie-Talk (Review, Author Interview)
- August 12th | What the Cat Read (Guest Post)
- August 13th | Nicky Peacock Author (Review)
- August 14th | Ash Krafton’s Demimonde (Excerpt)
- August 15th | Darkest Sins (Review, Excerpt)
- August 16th | Kayla’s Place (Guest Post, Excerpt)
- August 19th | Chapter by Chapter (Guest Post)
- August 20th | Mythical Books (Review)
- August 21st | Happy Tails and Tales (Author Interview, Excerpt)
- August 22nd | Phantasmic Reads (Guest Post)
- August 23rd | Intoxicated by Books (Review)
- August 26th | Proserpine Craving Books (Review)
- August 27th | Mind Reader (Review, Author Interview)
- August 28th | Kindred Dreamheart (Guest Post)
- August 29th | JennReneeRead (Review, Excerpt)
- August 30th | Vaempires (Review)
Lots of goodies to be won, so GO HERE to enter and it’s international too 🙂
I hope you guys check out this new book, and I also hope you come back in August, when I will have another stop for this tour, with the author over for a visit. 🙂 I think it may be quite fun! Happy reading- GOOD LUCK ON THE GIVEAWAY- and later gators!!